U-Solve is a custom software application to determine the 'Whole-Window' U-Value and SHGC Value of an aluminium window or door. It is based on the extrusion systems available from Wispeco (Pty) Ltd in Southern Africa.
U-Solve does NOT approximate the U-Values and SHGC Values. It calculates the actual values from detailed software simulations using the 'Therm' and 'Window' software available from the Lawrence Berkley Laboratories in the United States. U-Solve is the ONLY program currently available in Southern Africa that performs these detailed calculations.
U-Solve is written for the MS-Windows platform, since this is the most widely used operating system in Southern Africa. It is possible to run U-Solve on an Apple Mac computer using the "Wine" application available on the Apple iStore.
U-Solve incorporates the SANS204 calculations that need to be performed for every new building being erected in South Africa. U-Solve is endorsed by SAFIERA and the calculations have been verified against 'hot-box' testing by AAAMSA and SAFIERA.
The Full Version contains the following extrusion systems:
- Wispeco Casement 28
- Wispeco Casement 30.5
- Wispeco Casement 340
- Wispeco Casement 36
- Wispeco Casement 38
- Wispeco Edge 42mm Thermally Broken System
- Wispeco Series 700 Patio Door
- Wispeco Palace Multi Sliding Door
- Wispeco Vistafold Sliding Folding Door
- Wispeco 500 Series Sliding Window
- Wispeco Vert70 Vertical Sliding Window
- Wispeco 1000 Series Sliding Window
- Wispeco Clip44 Fixed Frames
- Wispeco Clip44 Hinged Doors
The following systems are in the pipeline and will be released shortly after the full system becomes available:
- Crealco Blush Sliding Window
- Crealco Rouge Patio Door
- Crealco Serene Tilt & Turn Window & Door System
- Crealco Virtue Outward Opening Window System
- Wispeco Clip44 Swing, Sliding, OHDC and Pivot Doors